Re: [OT] send all email from certain From: addresses into a spam

On Wed, Jul 03, 2019 at 06:44:42PM +0300, Reco wrote:
> 	Hi.
>
> On Wed, Jul 03, 2019 at 11:39:22AM -0400, Greg Wooledge wrote:
> >
> > procmail might have worked, but it's more of a pain to learn procmail
> > than it is to write my own filter.  I also get more flexibility this way.
> >
> > The write-up of my approach is at
> > <https://lists.debian.org/debian-user/2017/02/msg00100.html>.
>
> Maildrop does exactly this. For instance,
>
> ^From:.*User Name/
>
> Transforms to this snippet of .mailfilter:
>
> if ( /^From:.*User Name/:h )
> 	to /dev/null
>
> Works with exim, postfix and probably qmail OOB.

Could this also be expanded to delete not only mail from a particular
user, but also any mail *replying to* that mail as well? In other words,
get rid of not only the mail that starts a thread, but the entire
thread?

Or would that be a task better done in mutt?

Mark