Re: IPv4 v IPv6

Gene writes:
> Well, I'd expect there is a registration fee...

>From https://www.arin.net/resources/fees/fee_schedule/

     Internet Service Providers (ISPs)

     Internet Service Providers (ISPs) are allocated IP addresses for
     distribution to the users of their Internet services. The fee
     schedule continues to encourage IPv6 adoption by providing approved
     IPv6 requests up to the organization’s existing IPv4 service
     category at no additional charge.

Thus an ISP that starts offering IPv6 incurs no additional fees.

> ...particularly since it may take a whole cluster of servers to cover
> locally, the whole ipv6 address space.

I don't know what you mean by that. The number of servers does not
depend on the size of the address space.
--
John Hasler
jhasler@newsguy.com