Re: Please consider unblocking Chromium and linux packages for Buster

On 2019-06-20 14:48 -0400, Greg Wooledge wrote:

> On Thu, Jun 20, 2019 at 08:45:51PM +0200, Étienne Mollier wrote:
>> There is an unconditional ten days delay for
>> introduction of upgrades from Sid to Testing, hence the missing
>> security upgrade into Debian Buster at t time.  Hopefully it
>> should land on time for July, the 6th.
>
> The delay period is frequently shortened for packages with high urgency.

It is also frequently prolonged for packages which FTBFS on some
architecture or which are entangled in a library transition.

> "Unconditional ten days" is quite false.

For packages with high urgency it is usually two days if everything
works fine, but it can easily be two months or longer.  For security
critical packages like web browsers I would always recommend getting a
newer version from unstable or from stable-security ASAP.

Cheers,
       Sven