Re: Giving remaja (teens) group full administrator privileges through sudo - dangerous?

On 2019-06-20, Bagas Sanjaya <bagasdotme@gmail.com> wrote:

>> I think we (or at least I) must be missing some context here. For
>> starters, this must be some specific group of teenagers. And I'm sure
>> they're not given permission to take over running the whole TV station.
>>
>> Is this some specific educational environment? Or is it a TV station
>> specifically intended to be run by and for teenagers? Something else?
> Richard Hector (richard@walnut.gen.nz), I am considering the case of
> (production) systems on TV stations for general audiences, that is TV
> stations that is watched by all audiences, not just teens. As long as
> someone is aged 13 or older, he/she is teenager. The remaja user group

Normally the teenage category has both a lower and an upper limit, the
latter being 19.

> is for anyone that his/her age is 13 or older. My concern here is
> whether giving teens full administrator privileges on those production
> systems can be dangerous/vulnerable or not, in fact that psychologically
> they are very unstable.

If you're giving your psychologically unstable remajas full
administrative privileges you are effectively giving them root; sudo
affords the ability to fine-tune the accorded rights in such a way as to
limit the amount and nature of the havoc your adolescent sudoers may
eventually raise (when and if they do go bonkers).