Re: Okay, let's get X workingg on my new Stretch

On Tue, 18 Jun 2019, Felix Miata wrote:

The gods of security have decreed that instead of startx you must use a display manager to login and start your X session.

This statement had such a clear veridical ring to it I realized it would be foolish to submit myself, all of you, and the cat, to any further nonsense, so "apt-get install xdm" and bingo here we are.

I have no idea what they've done to xhost but they've clearly taken that also out of our work-tarnished prole hands.

Thanks all!

--
These are not the droids you are looking for.