Re: System on a chip - performance relative size and setup (how can the (Debian) setup make a difference?)

Quoting Erik Josefsson (2019-06-18 18:15:39)
> On 6/18/19 5:46 PM, Nicholas Geovanis wrote:
> >
> >     If the computer runs from the SD card, the memory you are
> >     talking about is also on that same SD card, no?
> >
> > No. The SD card is analogous to the hard drive, not to the RAM.
>
> Thanks! Now things start to make sense again :-)
>
> That means there could be some margin of performance optimization of
> Teres-I, but the non-SD-card hardware together with the "IO bus
> design" songbird mentioned (thank you songbird!) is non-configurable,
> i.e. the real bottleneck.
>
> I need either to drop gui or figure out a way to make the Teres-I
> laptop perform almost as good as a Lenovo N22-20 Chromebook model 80SF
> (which is what the kids had last year).

Such a Lenovo Chromebook outperforms the Teres-1 on every way.

You should use Teres-I not for its speed but its price and ethics:
https://www.olimex.com/Products/DIY-Laptop/

 - Jonas