Re: IPv4 v IPv6

On Tue, Jun 18, 2019 at 9:11 AM Reco <recoverym4n@enotuniq.net> wrote:
        Hi.

Guten Morgen,

But this RFC's "random" cannot mean "I start each day with selecting
new, custom /64 IPv6 ULA prefix for my site". ipv6calc fills this
nicely, try it some day.

By RFC 4193, it must/should be pseudo-random generated. The key must/should be an NTP-generated 64-bit date/time concatenated with the local MAC address. "It is important that all sites generating Global IDs use a functionally similar algorithm to ensure there is a high probability of uniqueness....This algorithm will result in a Global ID that is reasonably unique and can be used to create a locally assigned Local IPv6 address prefix". (RFC 4193)
https://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc4193.html

Not exactly elegant.

Reco