Re: Intended question

Pascal Hambourg composed on 2019-06-15 16:22 (UTC+0200):

> in legacy mode
> the installer does not allow to select a location and name...
> ...It would be nice if the installer
> could offer to define a custom identifier for the boot loader.

Unless something has changed lately, a bootloader "location" can be typed in. I
type in /dev/null, the installer errors, then proceeds to successful completion
anyway. I'm booting from a master bootloader, so if the Debian installer fails to
successfully install Grub it's of no consequence here. It would be nice to avoid
the error through an obvious option to select to install no bootloader.

Felix Miata  ***  http://fm.no-ip.com/