Re: Forgot name of Debian "configuration" {wrong word?} file

Le 14/06/2019 à 13:50, Richard Owlett a écrit :
On 06/14/2019 06:20 AM, Erik Christiansen wrote:
On 14.06.19 06:10, Richard Owlett wrote:
I can't remember the name of the file which identifies the association
between a directory (i.e. \home) and which physical partition it is on. The
file I'm looking for also identifies which partition is used for swap.

Do you want to see the desired or current association ?
/etc/fstab contains the desired filesystem mounts and swaps.
There is no single file containing both mounted filesystems and active swaps. /proc/mounts or /proc/self/mounts contains mounted filesystems. /etc/mtab used to be a regular file containing similar information but is now a symlink to either /proc/mounts or /proc/self/mounts. /proc/swaps contains active swaps.

Easier than looking in /etc/fstab is just running the "mount" command.
The "df" command also includes what you seek in its output.

fstab and mount/df do not provide the same kind of information. mount and df provide information about currently mounted filesystems. Note that df without argument hides some filesystems (proc, sysfs...) and bind mounts.

I just ran the mount command with no options. It gave a fascinating list that I should probably read about.

Note that mount without argument merely prints the contents of /proc/mounts.