Re: Privacy policy of packages/softwares installed in Debian

Hi,

Privacy policy makes sense for software you quote, eithr because they are closd-code, or because thy are in the cloud and users send data to servers, so it is important to know what do this data once sent.

Debian provides free software and does not support non-free one even if they exist in the Debian infra. They provide tools to be installed on your computer. So when you install a program in Debian, you can check the code, but more important, you dont send data to an external source.

Then I dont think Debian needs a privacy policy. Neither Debian, nor the packages themselves collect the user data. And it would be a problem to do this, from the socail contract.

I think we can consider having a thought about it if some program collects data. For a non free program, this should be in its licene or on th websie of its provider.

Regards

Jean-Philippe MENGUAL