Re: What is agetty, and why can't it be stopped?

On Sun, Jun 09, 2019 at 09:04:01AM +0100, Jonathan Dowland wrote:
> On Sun, Jun 09, 2019 at 05:18:20PM +1000, Erik Christiansen wrote:
> >Err, Gene, this foop has swelled to 1.2 million lines of code while your
> >back was turned. Pervasiveness is its essence.
> >
> >https://linux.slashdot.org/story/19/05/25/0538206/systemd-now-has-more-than-12-million-lines-of-code
>
> Is that a lot, for an init system? Or for an init system + the other systems
> that are in the systemd source tree (syslog equivalent, udev, etc.)? If so, what
> would be an "appropriate" quantity of source code?

What's much? What's little?

This was just a typical useless anti-systemd slur: 12 million lines of
code! Wow! (and it carries along a negative judgement without really
saying it, so plausibly deniable).

Way to stir up mud in the discussion without really contributing anything
valuable. For whatever reasons I don't understand.

I tend to ignore such things.

And if that sounded like a systemd proponent: I still run stretch
*without* systemd. I don't like its approach. But I like less the
discussion style which has developed around it. We're running in
circles, it seems.

Cheers
-- t