Re: use mailx instead of sendmail in apt-listchanges

Dan,

> You could do the wrapper, or you could install nullmailer, which
> is an extremely simple MTA that always hands off mail to a
> relayhost (i.e. somebody else's problem).

I ended up with a following wrapper:

$ cat /usr/sbin/sendmail
#!/usr/bin/env bash

# As header fields are at the top of the message, then following substitutions
# should work reliably.
sed '0,/^Subject: =?utf-8?q?apt-listchanges=3A_changelogs_for_vps?=$/
s//Subject: apt-listchanges: changelogs for vps/' | \
sed '0,/^From: root$/ s//From: noreply@example.com (VPS)/' | \
recode -f /qp | \
/usr/bin/mailx -t
$

Andrew,

I guess it works for you because bsd-mailx depends on virtual packet
mail-transport-agent.

regards,
Martin