Re: tftp problem

On 6/3/2019 8:39 PM, ghe wrote:
> On 6/3/19 11:48 AM, deloptes wrote:
>
>>> Response, run as root:
>>> atftpd: can't bind port :69/udp
>>>

>> why do you have /udp after the port? Check the config
>
> 1) I don't; atftpd put it there. TFTP is UDP on port 69, isn't it?

Because in the command I gave in this thread '--port' option was missing.

$ atftpd --port 2345 --verbose=7 --daemon --no-fork --logfile
/dev/stdout [DIRECTORY]

Port 69 UDP on the server and is also the destination port on the clients.

> 2) What config? The closest thing to a config I could find was
> /etc/default/atftpd. And it looked to me like it was ignoring that.

As far as I can tell, there is no config file per say but the init.d
script will use the file '/etc/default/atftp'.

>>> They're just kidding. I think -- I don't know what they mean by 'bind'.

'Bind' means use this adress only.

> When I ran the file as a shell script, it chatted a bit. And most most
> importantly, the daemon started and it started writing into the correct
> directory. I need to see if I can get the s.*d word to do that.

's.*d'?

--
John Doe