Re: Re: kvm win8 guest audio is terrible.

More info needed:

- HW (cpu, graphics, soundcard)
Motherboard audio. I think it is realtek alc 887.

- BIOS (cpu power-states)
Guest cpu? Not sure how to answer this. I did not do anything special. My command looks something like this

/usr/bin/kvm -usbdevice tablet -full-screen -localtime\
?????? -vnc $vnc -k en-us \
?????? -drive file=$diskC,index=0,media=disk,cache=writeback \
?????? -vga qxl\
?????? -m 2047 -net nic,model=virtio,macaddr=$mac \
?????? -net tap,ifname=tap2,script=no\
?????? -soundhw all &

- Host setup (power states,audio setup)
Host is core-i5 cpu. Here is the first few lines of cpuinfo
processor???????????? : 0
vendor_id???????????? : GenuineIntel
cpu family?????????? : 6
model name?????????? : Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-2500K CPU @ 3.30GHz
stepping?????????????? : 7
microcode???????????? : 0x18
cpu MHz???????????????? : 1651.812
cache size?????????? : 6144 KB

- VM config.
I think my kvm command line answers this. If not, please let me know what you are looking for.

Regards
Ramesh