Re: PDFtoMusic installation

On Sun, May 19, 2019 at 12:02:52PM +0000, Rodolfo Medina wrote:
> Thanks, sorry, maybe I badly explained myself...  I did as you suggest and
> managed to install the program...  But my problem after the installation is now
> running the program with
>
> $ ./PDFtoMusic\ Pro
>
> which produces:
>
> -bash: ./PDFtoMusic Pro: No such file or directory

Because it's not in your current directory, is it.  It's in /usr/bin.

> although I give that command in the same directory of the file.

So you were IN /usr/bin at the time?  Why is your shell prompt hidden?
Did you really strip it down to PS1='\$ ' with no other information in
it?

> Same result with
>
>  $ /usr/bin/PDFtoMusic\ Pro

Start from the beginning.

What version of Debian are you running?  On what architecture?

How did you install this application?  Where does it come from?  What
steps did you perform?

What does "ls -ld /usr/bin/PDFto*" say?

What does "file /usr/bin/PDFto*" say?

If it's some kind of interpreted script (shell or otherwise), what does
the first line of the script say?  It should begin with #! and it should
most definitely absolutely positively NOT end with a carriage return
character.  Try something like "head -n1 /usr/bin/PDFto* | cat -e".  If
that ends with ^M$ then you've found a problem.

If it's a compiled program, what does "ldd /usr/bin/PDFto*" say?