Re: Configure your PC to contribute to Debian community

Vipul <finn02@protonmail.com> writes:

> Hey there,
>
> I've been using Debian from couples of years but haven't contributed yet back to community. I want to contribute to Debian by maintaining packages and fixing bugs. Since I'm using Debian for work purpose also so, I don't want to mess-up with my system by installing unstable packages or libraries. Is there a way to get isolation for work & contribution purpose to keep yourself organized?

Hi,

I find that cowbuilder [1] does this job fine for my needs. If I need to
test a more involved graphical user experience for a different release
than the one I run, I just spin up a VM.

I'm not at all an expert, and maintain only a small number of packages,
so take this with a grain of salt.

[1] https://wiki.debian.org/cowbuilder

 Best,
 Gard