Re: notify-send script messed up my environment

Thanks Mr. Ritter for sharing your expertise.

I think the one thing that kind of mystifies me a little is the bus
pipe. I am not familiar with that. A simple logout and log back in made
my "environment" return to "normal."

As you recommended, I simply ran the bash script on it's own. It worked
fine. But, as I was debugging it, over time, it stopped working.
Perhaps based, as you say, on nautilus getting confused.

It frustrated me a bit. Because, at that point, not even running the
script, alone, would work.

I found a better solution. I found a python API that was coded
specifically for this purpose, and I am more familiar with python than
I am with Bash (though I admit, Bash probably is better suited for many
tasks at this level). What's the saying about the "devil you know?" =)

Thanks again!