Re: apache2 missing a file, won't run.

Gene Heskett <gheskett@shentel.net> writes:

> On Sunday 05 May 2019 01:06:13 pm Ulf Volmer wrote:
>
>> On 05.05.19 18:56, Gene Heskett wrote:
>> > Stretch install, from a custom iso the LCNC folks are testing, but
>> > the apache2 install was all pulled in with synaptic.  No errors.
>> >
>> > As root;
>> >
>> > Service apache2 start, gets this from systemctl:
>> >
>> > May 05 12:49:20 coyote systemd[1]: Starting The Apache HTTP
>> > Server... May 05 12:49:20 coyote apachectl[20456]: apache2: Syntax
>> > error on line 204 of /etc/apache2/apache2.conf: Syntax error on line
>> > 1
>> > of /etc/apache2/mods-enabled/authz_default.load: Cannot
>> > load /usr/lib/apache2/modules/mod_authz_default.so
>> > May 05 12:49:20 coyote apachectl[20456]: Action 'start' failed.
>>
>> mod_authz_default.so has been removed in apache 2.4:
>>
>> https://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.4/upgrading.html
>>
>> I guess you are trying to run a 2.2 config with a 2.4 apache.
>>
>> Best regards
>> Ulf
>
> Now I am certifiably upset, this web page needs printed.  This is a new
> install it took me 3 damned days just to get networking working as it
> was stuck on ipv6 only, denying me net access to anything on the otgher
> side of my router, and the nearest ipv6 support is a minimum of 100
> miles away. So I am not in a good mood.
>
> And the only printer it detected was the printer I wanted to use, but it
> spit out about 50 pages of blank paper when I did. so I go back into
> localhost:631 to printers/admin/brother HL-2140 and click on modify to
> see if I can fix it, to be greeted by an advisory that sys I as first
> user, has no permissions to do anything.
>
> Now, since much of this is owned by root:root, and theres no provisions
> to use sud, what do I do except chown the whole subdir to me:me, do what
> I have to do, and change it all back, difficult remember since parts of
> it are owned by root:Lp
>
> So, and I fought with this problem in wheezy too but adding myself to
> some selected entries in /etc/group half fixed it. Meaning whenever it
> asked for a password, I changed the displayed username to me, and used
> my passwd, which worked about 99% of the time.
>
> But this is 2019, and now stretch, so what do I add, or edit into
> to /etc/cupsd.conf, here
>
> # Restrict access to the admin pages...
> <Location /admin>
>   Order allow,deny
> </Location>
>
> To get me, the first user (#1000) not root, to do what I need to do to
> fix this and add about 4 other profiles, 3 for a huge tabloid capable
> brother and of course cups.pdf?

This has nothing to do with the apache2 error you mentioned earlier.

To do printer administration using the web interface, add yourself to
the lpadmin group.  When the web interface asks for credentials, put
your own username and password.

https://wiki.debian.org/PrintQueuesCUPS#webinterface

--
regards,