Re: Undelivered Mail Returned to Sender

On Sun 05 May 2019 at 00:06:56 -0700, Rick Thomas wrote:

> > On May 4, 2019, at 9:28 PM, Mail Delivery System <MAILER-DAEMON@pb-sasl20.pobox.com> wrote:
> >
> > <debian-powerpc@lists.debian.org>: host bendel.debian.org[82.195.75.100] said:
> >    550 5.7.1 No attachments allowed (in reply to end of DATA command)
> > Reporting-MTA: dns; pb-sasl20.pobox.com
>
> Hmmm… I was trying to attach the syslog file from a failing install.
>
> What’s the approved method for doing that now, since it’s not allowing attachments?

The Debian mailing lists I deal with most (including -user) all accept
attachments, compressed and uncompressed. However, there will be a size
limit. The limit varies from list to list; perhaps it is 0 for -powerpc.
I would mail listmaster@l.d.o and enquire.

Incidentally, using outside agencies to host files like yours is not a
good idea and is not suitable for longterm storage. In the case of a
bug report, the extra step involved in accessing the information might
have a deterrent effect on readers.

--
Brian.