Re: dpkg-reconfigure keyboard-configuration (Swedish with "|" and "¦"?)

On 05/04/2019 08:59 PM, Erik Josefsson wrote:
Den 2019-05-04 kl. 18:23, skrev Kenneth Parker:

On Sat, May 4, 2019 at 10:37 AM Erik Josefsson  wrote:
<snip>
-> Generic 105-key PC (intl.)
-> Other
-> Swedish
-> Swedish
-> The default for the keyboard layout
-> No compose key
-> Use Control+Alt+Backspace to terminate the X server? <No>
sudo shutdown -h now

And it works! Now I am just missing "|" and "¦".

With US Keyboards, I see either of those characters, right of the "p" key.  I was not aware that there were two, distinct characters.

One of them ("|" on my current keyboard) is used as a "Pipe" symbol, for when I "pipe" the results of one command into another.

Which?

Actually, I'm just missing pipe (for exactly that reason).

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vertical_bar#Solid_vertical_bar_vs_broken_bar

I have not yet figured out how to make the Teres keyboard do the pipe.

//Erik

What is on the last key on the right, directly above the right Enter key? On a US keyboard, the is a back slant (unshifted) and the pipe, shifted. You haven't mentioned that key at all.

--doug