Re: Accessing a host with variable IP addresses / connection types

On Thu, 18 Apr 2019 10:43:55 -0400
Michael Stone <mstone@debian.org> wrote:

> On Thu, Apr 18, 2019 at 10:41:18AM -0400, Celejar wrote:
> >> Alternatively, for internal-only stuff, you can use ULAs. IPv6
> >
> >The context of our discussion is seamless and collision-free host access
> >across a VPN, not "internal-only stuff" - unless your directions below
> >are going to work even when the ISPs on both ends don't provide IPv6?
>
> Yes, you can run IPv6 across a VPN over an IPv4 network.

[Sorry for the delayed reply - this went into a spam folder.]

Thanks. I assume you mean tunneling? [If not, please explain further.]
Again, is there a simple, straightforward howto for doing this? Your
simple suggestion to just "use IPv6" implies that this is a simple matter.

Celejar