Re: Is Debian 9 supposed to work on a Geode?

On 2019-04-29, Thomas Pircher <thp+debian@p5r.uk> wrote:
> Curt wrote:
>> Maybe that lead-in violates some RFC, although you'd think what's in the
>> header's in the header and what ain't ain't and ne'er the twain shall
>> meet.
>>
>> At any rate, bw threads fine here, so it must be you (or me).
>
> It's you -- or rather bw's MUA, I'm afraid. :-)
> His mails don't thread in neomutt neither, specifically because the
> headers sent by his MUA don't include neither the Reference nor the
> In-Reply-To fields.

I now understand that bw's mails do not comprise those thread-critical
fields. As an Alpine user myself, I can only wonder how he manages it,
and, more particularly, why he manages it. I guess my slrn news client
(I read the list through an NTTP host) must work it out via the
'Subject:' line (as suggested by Tixy elsewhere), threading acceptably
even in the absence of the missing fields.

Whether this whole business has any relation to the custom lead-in
string in his email bodies is a matter for conjecture.

A bientôt.

--
The major, who had been a great fencer, did not believe in bravery, and spent
much time while we sat in the machines correcting my grammar. He had