Re: Convert PDF to TIFF at a certain bits-per-sample amount

Quoting Rodolfo Medina (2019-04-24 00:26:15)
> Jonas Smedegaard <jonas@jones.dk> writes:
>
> > Quoting mick crane (2019-04-23 23:36:19)

> >> there's got to be a pdf2tiff
> >> there's everything else with a 2 in it's name
> >
> > pstopnm -stdout foo.pdf | pnmtotiff > foo.tiff

> Fantastic...  This seems to work fine...  Thanks to all...  Only, in
> the tiff final output the body of the text is like zoomed, so that
> part of it is lost...
> How to keep the original size?  Thanks,

Try explore some of the tools mentioned at
https://sites.google.com/site/tfsidc/document-conversion

To find out which package contains a certain command-line tool, you can
install the package apt-file and search like this:

  apt-file search a2ping

That initially listed tool, a2ping, seems from its documentation to be
_exactly_ the kind of thing you need - sensibly calibrated layout, not
only raw conversion.  But I tried quickly and it turns out that to
convert from PDF to TIFF it needs another tool, sam2p, which is not in
Debian.

 - Jonas