Re: Debian localization presentation information sources.

On 2019-04-19, Paul Sutton <zleap@disroot.org> wrote:
> Hi
>
> In writing the presentation I am working on,  I appears that there is
> some inconsistency with regard to languages Debian has been translated
> in to.
>
> 1, https://www.debian.org/devel/debian-installer/News/2019/20190415
>
> has
>
> Localization status
>
>     76 languages are supported in this release.
>     Full translation for 38 of them.

That seems clear enough.

> and yet this page (which was my original source)
>
> 2, https://www.debian.org/international/index.en.html
>
> Suggests only 30.

Suggests only 30 what? AFAIK there are 30 Debian language pages
available that "contain information on using Debian in non-English
languages," which should be conflated neither with the 76 languages
supported for the Buster release, nor the 38 full translations available
for same.

Maybe I'm wrong.

> Is this just an oversight or should each page either have the same
> information or perhaps update [2].  Granted it may never have the exact
> mirrored information,

IMO there is no oversight.

--
“Let us again pretend that life is a solid substance, shaped like a globe,
which we turn about in our fingers. Let us pretend that we can make out a plain