Re: but it's not going to be installed

On 2019-04-15 21:00, Cindy Sue Causey wrote:
On 4/15/19, mick crane <mick.crane@gmail.com> wrote:
I typed
"apt install mypaint"
mypaint depends on mypaint-data but it's not going to be installed
seen that mypaint-data was there so
"apt install mypaint-data"
...installs OK
"apt install mypaint"
no complaints
what's that all about then ?

Apparently for one thing, it's about some kind of package
conflicts'ISH with GIMP GNU Image Manipulation Program. Via "apt-get
install --dry-run" mypaint-data, I received the following:

The following packages will be REMOVED:
  gimp gimp-ufraw libmypaint-1.3-0 libmypaint-common
  mypaint-data
0 upgraded, 1 newly installed, 4 to remove and [yada-yada large
packages] not upgraded.

If you didn't have GIMP installed, that wouldn't have hit your radar.

Speaking as a GIMP fan nearly since their first days, OUCH!! :)

Cindy :)
apt put it back together, thanks for doing that, reassuring as to what went.
there's a windows version of mypaint so I'll play with that.
mick
--
Key ID    4BFEBB31