Re: OpenSSH not closing idle sessions.

I'm the only user that will be angry at being disconnected.  There is
no easy way to explain the reasoning; I've rewritten this paragraph
three times because it was too long.  I have two residences and one
has a port forwarding issue.  I want to make an SSH tunnel to the
other site.  If I am at one place for multiple weeks, it's asking too
much for the SSH tunnel to stay live that long (I've seen many
complaints of SSH connections dropping).  I want to put it on a
periodic cron job, but if I don't answer into the tunnel within 30
minutes, it becomes idle and drops off.  Every hour a new tunnel is
initiated.  The old session must either be closed or expire else I'll
have multiple SSH sessions live simultaneously.  I don't want to
travel with three laptops and 8 USB hard drives in carry on luggage
again.

My next flight is in May.  I'm doing a simulation with two VMs, but in
reality, there will be two raspberry PIs doing the gatekeeping for me.