Re: May be silly question, but: Lost my qq(´) and qq(´) key

On Monday, April 8, 2019 12:29:44 PM -04 Martin wrote:
> Hi list,
>
> since a few days, my qq(´) and qq(´)¹ don't work with a single press. I have
> to press twice. Who can tell me why?
> And, ho do I get my old single press behavior back?
> Sorry I don't get this keyboard magic in this life...
>
> 1) On a German keyboard, it is the key left of the backspace.
>

> Thanks, Martin

Hi Martin,
do I understand correctly
a single press gave you ´ and with shift `?
so you were not able to write á and à by pressing the qq and then a?
Now one qq press and then a gives á?
Double press of qq now results in ´?

The latter is the normal behaviour of my Gerrman keyboard layout. For me it's
useful because in a Spanish-speaking country I often need the accented
characters. This is with layout "German (dead grave acute)".

You need to install "German (eliminate dead grave acute)" in your X-setup. I
don't know about xfce but for me it is enough to change this in the KDE setup.

For programming and for the shell the behaviour with a single-press ´ is
better of course.

I have no idea why this may have changed. Maybe look through the upgrade
protocolls of apt, if you want to know what happened. If you have more than
one keyboard layout installed (as I have) then a certain key-combination might
have changed it unadvertently.

Have success and a nice day

--
Eike Lantzsch ZP6CGE
Agencia Shopping del Sol

Yes, grey does matter - within the skull.
For the 'Mercans: gray does matter.