Re: old never used memorex cd media

On 2019-04-02, Greg Wooledge <wooledg@eeg.ccf.org> wrote:
> On Tue, Apr 02, 2019 at 08:55:52PM +0100, Brian wrote:
>> 99% of users write netinstall images to a a USB stick.
>
> Is it really that high?  I still use CDs.  I feel like more than 1% of
> us do, but maybe I'm mistaken.

My original feeling was he has these cds lying around unused, so why not
try to put them to good use in the spirit of some sort of ecological,
down-home country spirit of frugality in this throw-away age of consumer
profligacy.

I don't use them any longer myself. They seem to be on their way out the
door as a medium (my sympathies to T.S.). I never liked that sound of a
reaction engine starting up anyway.

People do hang the shiny things from their fruit trees to scare off
avian fruit lovers, so maybe all is not lost. I think the barbarous term
for that is 'repurposing.'

Though the ecological political correctness of such a maneuver might be
subject to caution.