Re: text editors

> imagine you're running your emacs (as a server) and want to edit
> that one system file (say /etc/apt/sources.list) as sudo (without
> starting an Emacs instance as root).

I do not like sudo. In my NSHO it has a lot of hidden traps and is
shipped in a way that [profanities].

>   M-x find-file <RET> /sudo::/etc/apt/sources.list

But _this_ is interesting, and here advantages offset problems.  The
perfect thing should be know which tools are used by tramp, so that a
sensible sudo configuration may be provided.

--
 /\           ___                                    Ubuntu: ancient
/___/\_|_|\_|__|___Gian Uberto Lauri_____               African word

Warning: gnome-config-daemon considered more dangerous than GOTO