Re: Recommended way to install Docker in Stretch

On Wed, Mar 27, 2019 at 03:05:50PM +0100, Sven Hartge wrote:
> Roberto C. Sánchez <roberto@debian.org> wrote:

> >> The recommended way to install Docker for Stretch is to use the
> >> upstream Docker repositories.
>
> >> "DontBreakDebian" is nice advice, not there are situations where you
> >> have to use 3rd party repositories.
>
> > However, given that buster is going to be released in a matter of
> > months, an upgrade might also be a viable route.
>
> Running an unreleased Debian version on a production system? No way.

OK.  Whatever works for you.

The point I was making was that it is not a black and white matter.
Depending on the use case, a stable Debian system with a third party
docker package may not actually be a better solution than a testing
system with official Debian packages for Docker.  Then again, it may be
that the third-party packages on stable are the better approach.

That decision is ultimately up to Luís.

Regards,

-Roberto

--