Re: Jessie: apt upgrade ... 333 upgraded, 119 newly installed, 0 to remove and 90 not upgraded.

On 26/03/2019 17:38, Bernie Elbourn wrote:
I'm currently wondering if it has any impacts, ie, is it now
reintegrated in the main archived repository. But seeing your outputs
seems to suggest the opposite.
The 400 updates are due to loss of backports. Looks like the jessie-updates changes were more kind.

# Jessie
deb http://ftp.uk.debian.org/debian/ jessie main contrib non-free
deb http://ftp.uk.debian.org/debian jessie-updates main
deb http://security.debian.org/ jessie/updates main contrib non-free
# broken 26 March 2019 # deb http://ftp.uk.debian.org/debian jessie-backports main non-free # wlan fw
https://lists.debian.org/debian-backports/2019/03/msg00043.html

Confirms the Jessie backports archive. I have just dropped it from the sources.list

Bernie