Re: apt-cacher errors

I've found 30 entries referencing wheezy and removed them all:

sudo find /var/cache/apt-cacher/ -type f -name *wheezy* | xargs rm

which appears to have fixed the issue.

Thanks,
Adam

On 25/03/19 11:43, Roberto C. Sánchez wrote:
On Mon, Mar 25, 2019 at 07:05:11AM -0400, Roberto C. Sánchez wrote:
On Mon, Mar 25, 2019 at 08:59:40AM +0000, Adam Weremczuk wrote:
Hi all,

On 24th March (last Sunday) I received the following (for the first time):

Subject: Cron test -x /usr/share/apt-cacher/apt-cacher-cleanup.pl && /usr/share/apt-cacher/apt-cacher-cleanup.pl

Error: cannot open ../headers/debian_dists_wheezy_Release for locking: No such file or directory
Failed to open filehandles for debian_dists_wheezy_Release. Resolve this manually.
Exiting to prevent deletion of cache contents.

The above all came from systems originally running wheezy which were upgraded to stretch about 2 years ago.

Questions:

1. How to get rid of these errors? I would prefer to avoid spending half a day deciphering a chain of Perl scripts which I'm not familiar with.
2. What specifically happened last week to trigger this behavior? Was it e.g. a permanent removal of all wheezy repos and references?

https://lists.debian.org/debian-devel-announce/2019/03/msg00006.html

You will need to change your sources.list.

http://archive.debian.org/debian/README

Perhaps I spoke too soon.  I encountered this error in my apt-cacher-ng
log after replying to your message.

Checking/Updating debrep/dists/wheezy/Release...
Attempting to download the alternative version... Checking/Updating
debrep/dists/wheezy/InRelease...

After seeing that I re-read your message and noticed that the system had
been initially installed as wheezy but now runs stretch.

It has been some years since I moved to apt-cacher-ng, so I've forgotten
how it differs from apt-cacher, but in my case I had to remove the
directories /var/cache/apt-cacher-ng/debrep/dists/wheezy* and then
re-run the expiration task.

You may need to do something similar.

Regards,

-Roberto