Re: text editors

Even if it's not possible to colorize that block, hash marks could be
used on beginnings of lines to make those lines comments.  Then save the
document.  Then grep -v "^#" file >file2
That should remove your protected block from the saved file.  Now, edit
file2.  When finished, go into the original file and copy that block out
and paste it where you want it into file2.  Then overwrite the original
save file with file2.