Re: Only using masquerading on internet facing server

On Thursday, March 14, 2019 04:26:06 AM john doe wrote:
> By the answers in this thread, I guess I need to explane what I have and
> what I'm trying to do.

As someone observing from the peanut gallery, it would help me if the
explanation was a little less detailed -- sort of an overview.

Let me make a guess, using maybe some acronyms (which I should probably try to
avoid).

I'm guessing that you have a private LAN (192.168.3.0) behind server b, with
no direct connection to the Internet.

Ahead of that, to provide a connection to the Internet, you have server A.

The combination of the two is intended to create a DMZ (iirc) -- a place where
you can put computers / servers that are more accessible from outside the LAN.

Close???