Re: Can't install lightdm?

riveravaldez wrote:
> >> Right now I can start Xorg (apparently) but can't start IceWM, so, I
> >> only have CLI.
> >
> > Use 'startx' to start X.
> >
> > Write a .xinitrc like this:
> >
> > ---
> > #!/bin/sh
> > exec icewm
> > ---
> >
> > Later, testing will be fixed and you can install lightdm again.
> >
> > -dsr-
> >

> Thanks a lot, Dan.
>
> After install xinit I use startx, IceWM loaded but without mouse or
> keyboard control (neither responded). I have ssh access from another
> machine, so I 'killall -s SIGINT icewm' and get back to CLI. Then
> tried again, with same result.
>
> Then tried to reboot and get this:
>
> $ systemctl reboot
> Failed to set wall message, ignoring: The name
> org.freedesktop.PolicyKit1 was not provided by any .service files
> Failed to reboot system via logind: The name
> org.freedesktop.PolicyKit1 was not provided by any .service files
> Failed to start reboot.target: The name org.freedesktop.PolicyKit1 was
> not provided by any .service files
> See system logs and 'systemctl status reboot.target' for details.

> Is it the same problem or something else?

I don't really understand polkit, but you probably need it
installed so that systemd will let you have access to your
system.

You might try installing
libpolkit-backend-1-0
libpolkit-agent-1-0
libpolkit-gobject-1-0

and seeing if that helps.

Otherwise, hopefully one of the systemd aficionados will chime
in.

-dsr-