Re: font size printing from terminal

On 2019-03-01, mick crane <mick.crane@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 2019-02-28 18:59, mick crane wrote:
>> hello
>> is buster
>> I can print from command line with
>> "lp filename"
>> but not with "lpr filename"
>> when printing from terminal the font is a bit big and uses too much
>> paper.
>> apparently "enscript -FCourier10 filename" for example is supposed to
>> work but that sends it to lpr which doesn't.
>> Can try to get lpr to work as I have in the past or try to get
>> enscript to use lp
>> Or maybe there is another way to change printed font size from terminal
>> ?

I believe the lpr that works with cups is the one provided by cups-bsd.

the -d and -P flags for enscript should be followed by a printer name, not
by a file name, according to the man page.

 enscript -P  HP_LaserJet_4000_Series foo.txt

--
“Let us again pretend that life is a solid substance, shaped like a globe,
which we turn about in our fingers. Let us pretend that we can make out a plain