Re: NetworkManager with VPN for internet, not local LAN

> What do I need to do in the NetworkManager VPN configuration, to ensure
> that when I've enabled that VPN it will apply to internet addresses but
> not local non-routable LAN addresses?

AFAIK this happens automatically by default (because the system is
normally configured with the VPN as the default gateway, so it's only
used for hosts which can't be contacted directly).

I suggest you show us a concrete example of problem you encountered.
Maybe your issue is one of DNS rather than IP-level routing?

        Stefan