Re: depmod kernel error

On 2019-02-24, Pascal Hambourg <pascal@plouf.fr.eu.org> wrote:
> Le 24/02/2019 à 12:39, Fabrizio Mazzoni a écrit :
>> I have run an apt-dist upgrade on my dedicated server that uses a kernel
>> from the provider (OVH) and I am getting the following error:
>
> AFAIK, OVH kernels do not install modules so this error is normal.

https://docs.ovh.com/gb/en/dedicated/updating-kernel-dedicated-server/

 Kernels are monolithic, so they don’t take into account kernel
 modules...

I still haven't figured out what an OVH kernel is, exactly.

--
When you have fever you are heavy and light, you are small and swollen, you
climb endlessly a ladder which turns like a wheel.