Re: IPv6 addresses

Le 07/02/2019 à 10:15, Richard Hector a écrit :

# this one should hopefully configure via SLAAC
iface ens3 inet6 auto

# this one is for my static stuff (using a ULA prefix)
iface ens3 inet6 static
   address 2001:db8::1/64
   up ip -6 route add ...
   up ip -6 route add ...
   up ip -6 route add ...

But I don't get the SLAAC address. The only way I've managed to get the
SLAAC address plus the static, is to have a single auto stanza like this:

iface ens3 inet6 auto
   up ip -6 addr add 2001:db8::1/64 dev ens3
   up ip -6 route add ...
   up ip -6 route add ...
   up ip -6 route add ...

Incidentally, that also gives me an autoconfigured address (based on the
MAC) in the 2001:db8::/64 prefix, which I don't think I need.

Huh ? Isn't it the autoconfigured address you expect to get from an "auto" stanza ?

Does that suggest a bug in ifupdown? Or am I interpreting something wrong?

I would call it more an unforeseen consequence.

Actually, if I put the 'auto' stanza after the 'static' one, it does
work (I still get the autogenerated address in the ULA prefix).

Is it supposed to be order-sensitive?

Yes. "auto" sets autoconf=1 to enable SLAAC, and "static" sets autoconf=0 by default, which disables SLAAC and removes any autoconfigured address.

I can also make it work by adding 'autoconf 1' to the static stanza, and
omitting the auto stanza.

This is the right way to go.