Re: trying to install Debian encrypted in an existed partition, keeping the rest as it is ...

On 1/31/19, David Wright <deblis@lionunicorn.co.uk> wrote:
>>  If for whatever reason you disown that computer, you would just
>> delete that partition. Your own data you will keep on a USB pen or
>> microdrive.
>
> Something like that. I'd run badblocks over the unencrypted partitions.

 Why? Do you mean the low level formatting on an encrypted drive
physically messes with it?

If you start the Debian installation Live DVD and remove that
partition using parted. Would the BIOS, file system utilities under
Windows not see and handle the deleted partition just as extra space?

 This is of crucial importance because you don’t own those computers
at work. Your supervisors, "tech support" would not mind you bending
the rules a bit as long as you safely reset them back to their initial
state when you disown them.

 lbrtchx