Re: fakeroot fakechroot debootstrap fails on buster

On 2/3/19, Per Sandberg <per.s.sandberg@bahnhof.se> wrote:
> To reproduce:
>
> On a plain debian buster:
>
> Kernel: Linux 4.19.0-1-amd64 (SMP w/2 CPU cores)
> Locale: LANG=en_US.UTF-8, LC_CTYPE=en_US.UTF-8 (charmap=UTF-8),
> LANGUAGE=en_US:en (charmap=UTF-8)
> Shell: /bin/sh linked to /usr/bin/dash
> Init: systemd (via /run/systemd/system)
> LSM: AppArmor: enabled
>
> Run the command:
>      fakeroot fakechroot debootstrap --verbose --variant=fakechroot
> buster  ${WORKSPACE}/buster
>
> Ends up with a lot of warnings
>      dpkg: warning: ignoring pre-dependency problem!
>
> And fails finally with a lot of errors with this pattern:
> Adding 'diversion of /bin/sh to /bin/sh.distrib by dash'
> mv: cannot move '/bin/sh.tmp' to '/bin/sh': No such file or directory
> dpkg: error processing package dash (--configure):
>   installed dash package post-installation script subprocess returned
> error exit status 1
> Setting up init-system-helpers (1.56+nmu1) ...
> Setting up binutils (2.31.1-11) ...
> Setting up libpam0g:amd64 (1.1.8-4) ...
> dpkg (subprocess): unable to execute installed libpam0g:amd64 package
> post-installation script (/var/lib/dpkg/info/libpam0g:amd64.postinst):
> No such file or directory
> dpkg: error processing package libpam0g:amd64 (--configure):
>   installed libpam0g:amd64 package post-installation script subprocess
> returned error exit status 2
> dpkg: adduser: dependency problems, but configuring anyway as you
> requested:
>   adduser depends on passwd.
> -------------------------------------'
> Seems to be something with the faked-root since the postinstall files
> are visible in the file-system.
>
> Any ideas ?

Ditto. It no works. :)

And I didn't do it totally quite the same as you, either. I tweaked
mine slightly to this:

fakeroot fakechroot debootstrap --verbose --variant=fakechroot buster
/path/to/buster http://distro.ibiblio.org/debian

I also cheated and stuck my pre-existing /var/lib/apt/lists in there
BECAUSE.... I'm on dialup. It'd STILL be another couple hours for it
to just get through setting up those lists.

AND my hoard/stash of pre-existing dotDeb archives was "mount -B" to
/path/to/buster/var/cache/apt/archives to save wear-and-tear there,
too.

BUT... same error messages in the end with this being the starter
while debootstrap was setting the packages up after downloading:

.... I: Configuring passwd...
I: Configuring apt...
W: Failure while configuring required packages.
W: See /path/to/buster/debootstrap/debootstrap.log for details
(possibly the package dash is at fault)

The rest was found in that debootstrap log file.

I'm going to give my old, not faked way a quick shot to make sure it
runs fine... or not. Yes, I know.... likely apples and oranges, but it
will only take a few minutes to make sure. :)

NOTE TO SELF: UNMOUNT the... hoard NOW before you forget and delete
the failed debootstrap.. which will then PERMANENTLY delete the entire
~19GB of dotDeb archives. CHECK!

Cindy :)
--
Cindy-Sue Causey