Re: Partition information as text file?

Hi,

Richard Owlett wrote:
> Gparted displays the desired data in the GUI, but I see no way to get that
> information as a text stream.

Well, it seems to inquire the info by filesystem specific means.
The method is obviously named set_used_sectors(). See e.g.

  https://github.com/GNOME/gparted/blob/master/src/ext2.cc#L147
  https://github.com/GNOME/gparted/blob/master/src/fat16.cc#L129
  https://github.com/GNOME/gparted/blob/master/src/xfs.cc#L89

There are several source files from btrfs.cc to xfs.cc. One could harvest
hints about which man pages to read in order to create some program which
knows the inquiry commands for all filesystems which Gparted knows.
(I dimly remember to have seen such inquiry/management program names
in replies to this thread.)

Have a nice day :)

Thomas