Re: Disable left-ctrl?

On Mon, Jan 28, 2019 at 06:16:32PM -0500, Boyan Penkov wrote:
> Hey folks,
>
> I am now writing my thesis, and have the genesis of some pretty significant
> EMACs pinky.  (I use my left pinky for the left ctrl most of the time, which is
> setting me up for failure.).
>
> To this end, I’d like to disable the left ctrl key only, and force my brain to
> use the right one.  Better yet, I’d like the screen to flash or something then
> I inadvertently hit left-ctrl.
>
> Any thoughts?

The following may be of some help:

https://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=994066

According to that exchange, the following command should do the trick:

 $ xmodmap -e "remove Control = Control_L"

Obviously, to make that permanent you should add it to your
"~/.xsessionrc" or something similar.

--
Nitebirdz
http://www.sacredchaos.com/