Re: Pulseaudio setup question

Michael Earl Milliman wrote:

> I regularly use at least one loopback module in my pulseaudio setup,
> looping incoming USB audio stream back to the computer speakers and/or
> bluetooth headphones.  This means that I almost always run 'pactl
> load-module module-loopback' as one of the first things I do when
> booting up.  According to the pulseaudio documentation, I can put the
> command 'load-module module-loopback' into a default.pa file in my
> configuration folder for pulseaudio (~/.config/pulse) and it will be run
> automatically on log-in.  Unfortunately, when I do so, the pulseaudio
> server crashes (or fails to start).  I have also tried putting this
> command in the system configuration folder, which causes much the same
> problem.  Any ideas what I'm doing wrong, or what I need to do
> differently.  Putting the appropriate command in my log-in script is an
> option, but was hoping for a way to do it automatically through
> pulseaudio.

Ahm, PA is spawned by the user session, so you need to load (if at all)
after you log in and PA is started.

I write (if at all), because I think PA can remember what you were doing
before, but it could be also version related issue.

Last but not least. I compiled 12.2 because all the rest had too many bugs.
Don't know which is the version now in stretch - I got so pissed. Now
finally it works 99.5%. My issues were also related to removable (BT)
source. It was nasty with 11.1. 11.99 was better, but got a hint about 12.2
and it is peace now.

hope it helps

regards