Re: systemd-journald failed to open runtime journal

On Sat, 26 Jan 2019 12:03:25 -0500 Liam Morland sent:

> Hello,
>
> Recently, I have been getting floaded with console messages like this:
>
> systemd-journald failed to open runtime journal: cannot allocate
> memory
>
> Rebooting puts a stop to it for a few hours. Even when the messages
> are coming up, /proc/meminfo does not appear to show a lack of memory.
>
> Does anyone have any idea what is happening?
>
> Linux burns 4.19.0-1-686-pae #1 SMP Debian 4.19.12-1 (2018-12-22)
> i686 GNU/Linux systemd 240-4
> Debian buster/sid
>
> Thanks,
> Liam

	After contemplation, my reply is:

	This may have nothing to do with it but.......

I think there is a bug in systemd that is shown at upgrade of buster, so
it should be held back before any upgrade is attempted.

Be well,
Charlie

--
	Registered Linux User:- 329524