Re: Can a recipients rights under GNU GPL be revoked?

On 2019-01-28 09:21, Curt wrote:
<snipped>

 these years), and, well, all hell has broken loose.

I'm uncertain how this all articulates into a coherent whole. Apparently the worry (or threat?) is a disgruntled hacker (doubtless one of the old male dinosaurs), ejected for violating the new LGBT-friendly CoC, might rescind the
license grant for his code (a prospect Raymond doesn't find judicially
implausible).

I did try to comprehend all of the GPL at one time and found it very tricky to navigate. Think the upshot is you can sell it or give it away but you have to make the source available and include this license. So I guess you would have to go back to the people wrote the older bits of code that was released under the GPL and any new stuff that includes/is based on the older code and doesn't work without is covered by the GPL. ie you can sell it or give it away but you have to make the source available and include this license.

mick

--
Key ID    4BFEBB31