Re: Enet names

On 26.01.2019 4:58, ghe wrote:
On 1/25/19 1:47 PM, Étienne Mollier wrote:

My apologies, on rereading I realize it is unclear that both
assertions (modifying Grub entries or creating a systemd link)
are two separate distinct solutions.
Very little prob. Doing vi /etc/default/grub, vi
/etc/network/interfaces, update-grub, reboot works great. It took me
only a few hours to put the Ethernet interfaces back to intelligible.

Thanks much for the directions.

Futzing with systemd makes one wonder what MS has on some of the Linux
system programmers.

I recommend you to read through this article to understand rationale behind changes "that dreaded, terrible and complicated systemd" has implemented. [1]
I'm sure you will understand that there is a possibility "net.ifnames=0" approach will come back some time later to bite you.
If you have several interfaces and their names will be randomly changed at some point, you will end up at least with non functional interfaces and\or iptables rules.
So I advise you to use more robust, manageable and simple link-file approach and use your personal naming scheme. [2]

[1] https://www.freedesktop.org/wiki/Software/systemd/PredictableNetworkInterfaceNames/
[2] https://www.freedesktop.org/software/systemd/man/systemd.link.html
--
With kindest regards, Alexander.