Re: missing avidemux Debian package

I had TONS of problems upgrading from stable to testing due to libraries installed from d-m over time, in fact :/
Third time was a charm, though: I had learnt about that and premptively removed everything that was not in the main repo :)

Il giorno ven 25 gen 2019 alle ore 16:34 Frank McCormick <debianlist@videotron.ca> ha scritto:

On 1/25/19 8:25 AM, deloptes wrote:
> bapt x wrote:
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> Is there a reason for avidemux video editor is not being in the official
>> Debian package repository?
>> I see multimedia packages like VLC video player are present in the
>> official repository so it should not be a legal problem.
>> It would be nice to have this package in the official repository instead
>> of adding an unofficial third-party repository.
>>
>> Thanks.
>>
>> Baptiste
>
> Put this in your source.list or in /etc/apt/sources.list.d/multimedia.list
>
> deb http://deb-multimedia.org stretch main non-freee
>
> and you have what you want. Check http://www.deb-multimedia.org/ for
> details.
>
> regards

I was under the impression that it has been suggested in the past to not
use packages from deb-multimedia.org as it causes other problems?

--
Frank McCormick