Re: Need help with Play on Linux

On 1/25/19 8:25 AM, Jiangsu Kumquat wrote:
> Please email me directly as I might not see your reply in the mailing list.
>
> I installed "Play on Linux" and attempted to run a program under it. You
> can download it here:
>
> https://www.playonlinux.com/
>
> I am trying to completely rid myself of using Windows. The only thing
> that I really need Windows for is to play games made for Windows. So, if
> I can get this to work, I'll put Microsoft in the waste bin!
>
> No matter what I do, it tells me that Wine has crashed. When I try to
> install a program either manually or a supported software, it tells me
> that Wine has crashed and I never see the Windows installer box.
>
> I have tried both the 32 and 64 bit versions of wine and they both
> crash. (I installed wind with APT and also installed wine from inside
> plays on linux.)
>
> Here is an error I get when I first execute the program:
>
> PlayOnLinux is unable to find 32bits OpenGL libraries.
> You might encounter problem with your games
>
> From here on out I always seem to get this error no matter what I do...
>
> Error in POL_Wine
> Wine seems to have crashed
>
> And this is as far I can get.

First, are you using Stretch, or testing/sid?

Did you add the i386 architecture to dpkg?

# dpkg --add-architecture i386
# apt update

You will then need to reinstall wine, and possibly your drivers. If you
are using Nvidia graphics, you *definitely* need to reinstall your
drivers and the proprietary drivers.

# apt install wine wine32 wine64 libwine libwine:i386 fonts-wine

I would also consider installing wine from backports, or directly from
WineHQ. Details on how to install from WineQH are on the WineHQ website.