Re: (solved)Re: why wodim is in section other os

i never have list archive searcher in mind
by adding "solved" i mean that list users stop recommending dvd tool

actually i'm not seeking help to solve problem, i just seek recommendation

maybe next time i'll use other tag (than solved) or not add tag at all.

On Thursday, January 17, 2019 10:27 PM, David <bouncingcats@gmail.com> wrote:

On Thu, 17 Jan 2019 at 20:22, Long Wind <longwind2@yahoo.com> wrote:

> i've got growisofs working, i'm unwilling to test more app.
> IMHO cd/dvd has been replaced by Internet and usb boot
> i'm afraid cd/dvd technology is becoming obsolete
>
> Thank Dominique Dumont, Thomas Schmitt and Joe!

Hi Long Wind

You wrote a nice reply above, but I want to tell you that
it is missing something important.

As explained here:
http://www.catb.org/esr/faqs/smart-questions.html#followup
where it says:
"Say what action solved the problem"

and

"Describe what worked as a solution".

Why is this important? Because you changed the subject
to include "(solved)". And because when people in future
searching the email archive for help with their problem
see the word "(solved)" in the subject, they expect that
means that the message will *contain* *the* *solution*.

If you don't want to bother writing out your solution, then
please don't put "(solved)" in the subject.

But the best way, the way that is better for everyone, will
be if you put "(solved)" in the subject *and* *also* write
a short description of how you solved your problem, which
will help future readers.

Doing that makes the email archive a useful resource for
future readers. And that is the correct way to use the
"(solved)" tag.

I noticed that you have done this many times before, so
today I write to explain this to you. Thanks for being aware
of this in future.

Best wishes
David